When you look at package holidays for your family, they are not always as inexpensive as you expect them to be. Sure, the advertised price can look good. But when you dig further you often find extra fees that are secretly added on at the end of your transaction!
So we’ve decided to give you a list of ways you can make sure that a package holiday is the cheapest it can be!
- Package holidays often have extras to get you in and you’d be wise to book one of these when they are on offer. Look for things like ‘Pay 5, Stay 7’ where you get free nights added to your holiday. Another popular special is ‘Buy one airfare, get the second 50% off’. You get the picture, right? The more stuff you can get included, the better your final price will be. Remember to compare the specials with the full prices to make sure you actually are receiving a great deal.
- Travel in the off-season. Lots of package holiday deals spring up when the off-season starts. If you don’t mind travelling in these periods you can made big savings on your package holiday and all the extras you’ll need to spend money on. Transport, food and entertainment are often all cheaper in the off-season.
- Visit cheaper destinations. It’s cheaper to visit Prague than it is to visit New York, for instance. If you don’t have a huge preference for one destination over another then you’ll have the luxury of choosing a cheaper place to visit where you can still have a great time.
- Cheap package holidays can be great for family vacations when they include ‘free child places’ like you can find on the Jet2holidays website at the moment. This is a great way to reduce the cost of your holiday (who doesn’t want to take their kid along for free?)
- Choosing an all inclusive holiday can be a great idea too. If you are on a budget and need to make sure you don’t overspend on your vacation, then a holiday that includes all your meals can be something new to try. Make sure to check that drinks are included for all the family too.
- Book package holidays that only need a small deposit to secure your place. Keeping your cash in your bank account as long as you can will save you money in the long run. If you’re paying for your holiday on credit then it’s definitely a great idea to delay the final payment until as close as possible to your vacation. Finding a company that allows you to pay a small deposit is not always easy but this is a great bonus.
Cheap package holidays need to be researched just like any other holiday you are planning to book. Check the prices if you were to book each part separately and make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Shopping around should not be neglected just because you think you are getting a ‘deal’.